The importance of training courses is not only limited to professional life, as most of us think but training courses aim to transfer knowledge and practical experiences that enrich the skills of individuals and enhance their self-confidence, which contributes to the preparation of cadres which in turn contributes to the development and progress of institutions. Therefore, Strategic Vision Training Center aims to enhance the skills and experiences of individuals through the strongest training programs to keep pace with every development in the labor market.
Familiarity with the new international rules for documentary credits (UCP700).
Familiarity with the technical aspects of credits in light of the new issuance of the International Customs Regulation for Documentary Credits Bulletin No. 700 of 2019 in effect as of 1/1/2020
Familiarity with the obligations and commitments of banks involved in the implementation of the documentary credit in the light of the new version (UCP700).
Banks' strategies for examining documents and interbank coverage.
Familiarity with international standards for examining documents within the scope of documentary credits.
Familiarity with the international sales terms (Incoterms 2020) and their implications for documents
Required for accreditation.
Who should attend?
All employees in the documentary credit departments (import / export) in export and import companies and banks. As well as all students in the same specialization.
The first requirement: documentary credits from the perspective of the rules
New Credits (UCP700)
1 - Introducing the mechanisms and methods of bank payment in foreign trade and their role in avoiding the risks of international trade.
(Advance payment- Open Account- Collection –
Documentary Credit - Stand by L/C)
2- Payments in foreign trade (definition - How are payments made? - When are payments made? - Where are payments made?)
3- Types of credits from the perspective of international rules (UCP700).
). 4- How Letter of credit Work
5- Responsibility of the intervening banks in the implementation of documentary credits and their legal obligations (the lighter bank / the amount bank / the confirming bank / the appointed bank / the circulating bank / the covering bank) in light of (UCP700).
6 - Types of documentary credits in terms of the power of release (confirmed credit / credit available with another bank).
7- The meaning of Negotiation and Honor within the scope of the Documentary Credit in the light of the Prospectus (UCP700).
8 - Types of documents in circulation on the documentary credit (electronic documents - paper documents).
9- Documents in circulation within the scope of the documentary credit (transfer documents / financial documents / insurance documents / from the perspective of the new regulation (UCP700)).
10- Practical cases for opening the electronic accreditation (SWIFT- FELEX CUBE)
In light of the International Chamber of Commerce Bulletin No. 700 of 2019.
11- Legislative Frameworks Governing Documentary Credits and Standby Letter of Credit:
* Bulletin No. 700 (Unified Rules for New Documentary Credits).
Highlighting the features of the new documentary credits regulation
Its most important developments. And its implications for the meaning of the credit, the specific bank, and transferable credits.
The second requirement - documentary collections
1- Documentary collections from the theoretical perspective:
Introducing the collections system as one of the means of payment in international trade.
The advantages of the documentary collection system compared to other means of payment.
Dealing with the documentary collection system from a legislative perspective
The Egyptian Laws and Decisions Governing the Documentary Collections System
Local and international.
- Definition of collection/Types of collection/Forms of collection/Parties
Collection/documents subject to collection.
2- Documentary collections from a practical perspective:
- (bank executive procedures for collections/import)
- (banking executive procedures for collections/export)
3- Uniform international rules for collections:
- (Technical analysis of the International Chamber of Commerce Bulletin No. 522/1995)
- (Questions and inquiries / practical cases of study)
The third requirement: the strategies of banks in the examination
Checking the documents in circulation
On documentary credit
In light of the International Standard for Banking Practices (ISBP745)
The New Rules for Interbank Coverage (URR725)
Spotlight on the international standard of banking practice for document examination
Introduction - preliminary considerations - general principles.
Highlights of the new rules for interbank coverage (URR725)
- The role of documents in documentary credit (traditional documents - documents
- Acceptability of electronic documents - Advantages of using EDI.
The role of the bank in examining documents (banks that are involved in the implementation of credit in
In light of the Document Examination Standard (ISBP745) - The Role of the Covering Bank
In light of the new rules of coverage (URR725)).
General principles of document examination:
* Careful examination of documents in terms of appearance.
Reasonable Care in Examination - The amount of reasonable care.
* Reasonable duration of the examination.
* The principle of limiting examination to documents - refraining from evaluating documents.
* Notification of non-conforming documents.
Standards for examining documents (the standard of complete conformity and its impact on the relations of parties
- Guaranteed literal conformity (exact match) in terms of the validity of the accreditation, from
Terms of delivery and shipping time.
Self-safety of documents.
- Documents subject to examination (transport documents - electronic bill of lading - ...).
- The problem of the cleanliness of the bill of lading - the importance of issuing a clean bill of lading.
Examination of insurance documents, invoice and additional documents.
- Actions taken by the bank when submitting violating documents (correcting documents).
- Consultation for the waiver of irregularities in the credit (consultation of the implementing bank With the issuing bank/conqueror with the issuer).
- The position of the uniform origins and usages of the appropriations on consultation with the ordered To set aside differences.
Keep documents at the submitter's disposal or return them to him/her under the
The conduct of the sending party.
- Payment under reservation or against a guarantee and the position of the assets and usages of this payment.
- Submit documents on the basis of collection.
Refusal of documents.
The extent of the banks' responsibility